Sakleshpur - April 27

I remember thinking around the beginning of this month - time is really flying. April 30 is coming closer with each passing day. A couple of days back I was thinking - how many more days for the end of month? April 30 was my commitment. Once that's over, I am free to leave. And I am thinking now - oh no, just 4 more days and this camp is over!

Well, today's walk was a short and easy one. I was walking after 5 days. I felt tired and wobbly initially, just wanted to complete the walk and get it over, that's all. But later, I think I found a rhythm and walking was no problem except for water. The weather was nice and well behaved too. The sun was gentle and there was always a little breeze so it was actually quite pleasant. I just felt thirsty all the time and before the walk was over I was done with my supply of water. We waited at the bus stop for a long while but the bus was late. It was apparently stuck behind a lorry carrying bricks which was moving uphill an inch a second, and did not get enough leeway to overtake it. Well, these are the Ghats...

We waited and waited and waited, and finally hitched a ride in a jeep; it soon got packed. Hitched another jeep ride to reach Sakleshpur. This one had 14 people on board, with 5 in front, 8 in the back and one on the foot board behind; the driver didn't have place to sit, he was half sticking out himself - and he was calling out for more passengers. :-D

Nothing more to tell at all - I think I am too tired today. By the way, since we had to vacate our room because of some engineer's visit, we are all crammed in one single room, which can barely accommodate just the luggage. So where will the people go? Outside! So I am sitting in our jeep and writing all this - I am going to sleep out in the veranda, with all the fishermen, their wives and children.


Moss Green

The vast and sprawling Kadumane Coffee Estate

Fungus

Gaido-san

A big fat Pumpkin

No comments: